PROMASIL®–1000, –1000P, –1100
High performance calcium silicates
PROMASIL®–1000, –1000P and –1100 are lightweight calcium silicate insulating boards.
In combination with dense and light-weight refractory bricks or concrete, they are the ideal back-up lining. Due to the low thermal shock resistance the boards are not suitable for front sided use.
PROMASIL® materials are produced as boards, pipe sections, segments and cut sections.
Cold compressive strength
1000 ºC – 12h
1050 ºC – 12h
Specific heat capacity
Reversible thermal expansion
CO, NH3, H2, CH4, N2 atmosphere
Moisture content (air-dry)
25 / 30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80 / 90 / 100
* Other sizes are available on request. Maximum: 2500mm x 1000mm, up to 150mm thickness.
Segments in all diameters, shaped parts and cut sections are available on request. Shaped parts and cut sections are available on request.
Length and width
PROMASIL®-1000 pipe sections
Inner diameter (min.)
Outer diameter (max.)
Properties & advantages
- low thermal conductivity
- low shrinkage
- low bulk density, low heat storage
- good mechanical strength
- excellent resistance to corrosion under insulation (according to ASTM C795 and ASTM C1617)
- resisitant to reduction gases CO, NH3, H2 and CH4
- free of sulphur, low iron
- good workability
- flexible size format, thickness up to 150 mm
- shaped parts available including pipe sections and segments
- product quality meets the ASTM and EN standards (CE mark)
- low assembly costs
- water repellent surface treatments
- antidust treatment
- chemical resistance improvement
Working & processing
This PROMASIL® range of products can be easily worked and machined with woodworking tools.
To avoid water absorbtion and to protect against aggressive atmospheres, Promat®–Impregnations are available.
When cutting to size, the maximum workplace concen- tration values for inhalable dust must be observed.
Dust extraction is recommended. See product safety information sheet.
PROMASIL® materials are used in various industrial appli- cations as thermal back-up insulation in a refractory lining.
- Aluminium industry: anode baking furnace and electrolysis cells
- Steel industry: smelting and heat treatment furnaces
- Glass industry: melting furnaces, heat treatment and foming furnaces
- Ceramics industry: bogie hearth furnaces, kiln cars
- Cement industry: heat exchangers and cyclone separators
OIL AND GAS INDUSTRY
- fired heaters
- pipe insulation, pipe support (suitable according to ASTM 1617 and 795)
Furmats for over 3 decades, has been serving the Steel Industry by host of products including supply of best quality Ferro Alloys. Our operations HO in New Delhi, covers several markets with our team putting constant endeavors to reach the clients for their Ferro Alloys needs in numerous industrial clusters including Ghaziabad, Kanpur, Sahibabad, Meerut (UP or Uttar Pradesh), Mandigobindgarh, Ludhiana, Jalandhar (Punjab), Baddhi, Kaleamb (HP or Himachal Pradesh), Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Baroda (Gujarat), Gwalior, Indore (MP or Madhya Pradesh), Raipur, Raigarh (Chattisgarh), Sonipat, Hissar, Faridabad (Haryana), J&K, Assam, Meghalya, Bhiwadi, Jaipur, Kota, Ajmer (Rajasthan), Kolkata, Durgapur, Asansol (West Bengal), Jharsuguda, Angul, Cuttack, Jajpur, Rourkela (Odisha), Vizag (Andhra Pradesh), Coimbatore, Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Mumbai, Pune, Nagpur (Maharashtra), Haridwar, Kashipur (Uttrakhand)…..
Likewise our team is forwarding timely offers for Exports for requirements in other part of the world including Africa (Nigeria), Europe, Bangladesh, Nepal, Bhutan..